[gdal-dev] Starting a discussion on style and coding guidelines

Tim Keitt tkeitt at utexas.edu
Sat May 7 15:05:58 PDT 2016

On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 2:47 PM, Kurt Schwehr <schwehr at gmail.com> wrote:

> For stack ranking, see the "alternatives" section of this (and I did not
> include my preferred std::vector solution in the list):

That seems like a reasonable solution. The function/method call interface
is where I would begin substituting STL for C equivalents if it were up to
me. Once those are set, then you can refactor as needed behind the API.

I was not recommending autoptr, I just did not go look up the replacements.
Also, much of C++11 can be accomplished using Boost as many of the features
originated there as libraries for C++03. A non-trivial dependency to be
sure.

THK

http://www.keittlab.org/