[gdal-dev] GeoPDF

Frank Broniewski frank.broniewski at gmail.com
Wed May 18 07:50:03 PDT 2016

Hi,

I want to turn my QGIS map composer PDF into a GeoPDF or a geospatial
PDF. Unfortunately that is not supported, just on a per layer basis from
within the main program. I could export my map to TIFF with a world file
and use GDAL on that, but I'd like to maintain the vectors and text in
the output.
Since GDAL supports the creation of GeoPDF, I'd like to ask if there is
some kind of documentation on the web where the standard is described of
if someone knows an OpenSource library which supports the creation of
GeoPDF.
I thought of writing a, preferable in Python, program which would add
the necessary tags and data to the PDF in order to turn it into a
GeoPDF. But I am already stuck at the beginning, because I simply cannot
find a good standard documentation. What does GDAL do to turn a raster
file into a GeoPDF? I guess I could read the source, but I have no clue
on the C-language so I thought I ask here beforehand.

Thanks,

Frank

--
Waldhölzbacher Str. 51