[gdal-dev] Building GDAL on Windows 32 and 64 bit

Dmitry Baryshnikov bishop.dev at gmail.com
Fri May 27 08:03:10 PDT 2016

Hi Alex,

The work is done taking into considerations this link:
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/CMake
Also, there were some ideas about gdal source code reorganisation in
dev-list.
This is second turn of cmakefication of GDAL.
The lib_gdal repository synced with gdal trunk periodically (there is a
python script in etc folder
(https://github.com/nextgis-borsch/lib_gdal/blob/master/etc/cmake-build-helpers/gdal_restructure.py)
to do it). Now the sources are 2.1 release version. The different GDAL
version support will be added in future.

I think current lib_gdal is not ready to switch trunk (not all drivers
ready, not all bindings ready, etc.), but very close (see
https://github.com/nextgis-borsch/lib_gdal/blob/master/README.md about
work status).

Best regards,
     Dmitry