[gdal-dev] Fwd: arcsde ogr driver and GDAL 2+

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 02:48:42 PDT 2016

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Stefano Iacovella
<stefano.iacovella at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Le jeudi 03 novembre 2016 15:08:29, Johan Van de Wauw a écrit :
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I wonder if anyone has used the arcsde driver with GDAL 2+
>>
>> Nobody has maintained it in years. Never compiled it myself.
>

> moreover since release 10.3 ESRI deprecated the ArcSDE product.
> Consequently the SDK, that is mandatory for compiling GDAL with ArcSDE
> driver, is no more available for customers.
> So your only chance to use GDAL with ArcSDE is to use an obsolete release of
> the product.

We are aware of that. In fact my customer is migrating all their
applications to an open source stack, but this takes time. This custom
version of gdal is part of the migration track.

I can confirm now that gdal 2.1.2 with the patches applied works fine
with esri arcsde 10.2 sdk (on ubuntu).

Kind Regards,
Johan