[gdal-dev] Recommended lib Curl version for GDAL 2.1.2 and WMTS

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Nov 17 13:11:09 PST 2016

Le jeudi 17 novembre 2016 21:37:52, esacree a écrit :
> Which version of libCurl is recommended for use with GDAL 2.1.2 and the
> GDAL_WMTS driver?

None in particular. Should hopefully work will all of them issued in the last
5 years.

> We have been using libCurl version 7.45 dated 7-Oct-2016.  The newest
> version is 7.51 dated 2-Nov-2016.  7.51 contains a very long list of fixes.
> The upgrade could be time consuming to rebuild everything.  We thought we
> should ask if it is needed for GDAL_WMTS.  It appears to be set up
> correctly but the WMTS server returns transparent images.  That could
> indicate an HTTP issue with libCurl.

I doubt it. You could enable CPL_DEBUG=HTTP as env. variable to display the
URLs of the images that are downloaded. Paste them in a browser: if the images
are transparent as well, then the issue is on the server side. Or more
presumably the server works fine but you are requesting in an area without
data, or at a zoom level where it has no data.

Even