[gdal-dev] Process MicaSense raw data using GDAL

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 23:57:12 PST 2016

I'm investigating if we can process the raw data made by MicaSense using
GDAL so we don't need to upload the data first and then get the multi-band
GeoTiff back.

The camera has 5 lenses maken 5 tiff-files each time. Each band (R, G, B,
RedEx, NearInf) in its own file.
Due to the direction and the tilt of the drone these 5 images are slightly
shifted.
Each tiff-file has 1 GPS coordinate in EXIF.

What I need to do is
* convert the tiff with the EXIF to a proper GeoTiff
* Stitch all tiffs of the same band together
* Shift all stitched band image to align them

My main question:
"Does anybody on this list already have experience with these kind of data?"

Sub question will be 'What is the best workflow to perform the 3 steps I
mentioned?"

Thanks,

Paul