[gdal-dev] "Very" long path name support under windows

Bugbuster philippe.ghesquiere at airbus.com
Wed Nov 23 08:57:55 PST 2016

Hi Even,

thanks for your long and detailed answer. I have plenty of information I can
play around with.

In fact, I managed to "cd" to the desired directory within a *Cygwin Mintty*
windows. In this window, I do not have the "8.3 Windows renaming". In that
way, I mimicked what I get with a system call from a JAVA program.

I will try to see what we can do with the /"utilities as library methods"
way/ as you say. We just need to upgrade to Gdal V2.1 :-)

Thanks again for your help.
Philippe