[gdal-dev] Question: making a raster - gdal_rasterize directly from Geodatabase file

Kevin gs.kevin1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 05:06:59 PST 2016

I wish to make a raster directly from a very large ESRI Geodatabase (GDB)
file.

The layer (State_ROAD) included in the GDB file is large: if I export the
layer into Shapefile or MapInfo Tab format, the output file size exceeds
2GB limit. So I am thinking if there is a way making a raster (road1.tif)
directly from the GDB file (COUNTRY_ROAD.gdb).

I have tried to use this cmd but failed.

gdal_rasterize -burn 1 -where "ROAD_ID < 1000000" -l State_ROAD
*COUNTRY_ROAD.gdb* State_ROAD *road1.tif*

I seek your generous help and suggestions.

Thank you!
Kevin