[gdal-dev] No XLSX fields in v2.1.2

Langford, Robert Rob.Langford at salford.gov.uk
Mon Nov 28 08:07:36 PST 2016

All,

Just wondering if someone could sanity check this possible bug for me.  I'm trying to read data from a Excel spreadsheet.  It was scripted and working fine on GDAL 2.1.1 but is now failing on GDAL 2.1.2.

I've attached the spreadsheet, it is generated by our back office system (Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)).  I've also noticed that if I open the spreadsheet up in Excel and resave GDAL can then read it again.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Rob

OLD VERSION
===========
> ogrinfo --version
>> GDAL 2.1.1, released 2016/07/07
*(also tested on GDAL 1.11.1, released 2014/09/24)

> ogrinfo -so -al -ro Interactive_mapping_pet_shop_licences.xlsx --config OGR_XLSX_HEADERS FORCE
>> INFO: Open of `Interactive_mapping_pet_shop_licences.xlsx'
>>       using driver `XLSX' successful.
>>
>> Layer name: Interactive mapping - Pet Shop
>> Geometry: None
>> Feature Count: 21
>> Layer SRS WKT:
>> (unknown)
>> Licence ref: String (0.0)
>> UPRN: String (0.0)
>> Easting: String (0.0)
>> Northing: String (0.0)
>> Premises Id: Integer (0.0)
>> Business Name: String (0.0)
>> Address: String (0.0)
>> Ward Description: String (0.0)
>> 1st licensed: String (0.0)
>> Licence expiry: String (0.0)

NEW VERSION
===========
> ogrinfo --version
>> GDAL 2.1.2, released 2016/10/24

> ogrinfo -so -al -ro Interactive_mapping_pet_shop_licences.xlsx --config OGR_XLSX_HEADERS FORCE
>> INFO: Open of `Interactive_mapping_pet_shop_licences.xlsx'
>>       using driver `XLSX' successful.
>>
>> Layer name: Interactive mapping - Pet Shop
>> Geometry: None
>> Feature Count: 0
>> Layer SRS WKT:
>> (unknown)

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this communication/message from Rob.Langford at salford.gov.uk sent on Mon Nov 28 16:07:38 2016 is confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee(s) gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org

Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
As a public body, Salford City Council may be required to disclose this email [or any response to it] under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, unless the information in it is covered by one of the exemptions in the Act.
Please immediately contact the sender, Rob.Langford at salford.gov.uk if you have received this message in error.

For the full disclaimer please access http://www.salford.gov.uk/e-mail.  Thank you.