[gdal-dev] Outdated external overviews

jratike80 jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Tue Oct 11 07:34:58 PDT 2016

Hi,

Hard to say if such use case exists. Perhaps if .ovr is actually not
subsampled from the main data at all but tweaked from let's say 1:50000
scale raster maps when the main maps are 1:20000.  I have created such
overview stacks sometimes through .vrt. I am not sure if the automatic
invalidating would have any effect in that case.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Even Rouault-2 wrote