[gdal-dev] What happens to pixel values > src_max under -scale?

Mohammad.Imangholiloo imangholiloo at alumni.ut.ac.ir
Fri Oct 14 02:11:34 PDT 2016

Dear Even,
Hello,
I have similar question of Sean Gillies and more detailed like Dillabough,
Craig
(http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Scaling-images-with-gdal-translate-td3752921.html
)
Basically, I am scaling Bigtiff-Geotiff float 32 with gdal (
gdal_translate -scale 0 1 0 10000 input.tif output_sc.tif) My input pixel
values are mainly between 0 1 (only 1 or 2 of pixel are >1 to 35), So, I
command 0 1 0 10,000. Output got to be between 0 266600.6875. According to
your answer for Sean Gillies, it should be 0 350,000. I wonder why it
scaled images as such? How to skip those strange and rare pixels by command
here

Thank you for any information.
Mohammad