[gdal-dev] FW: Function - GDALCreatePansharpenedVRT

Jidnyasa Nilange jidnyasa.nilange at advancedriskanalytics.com
Sun Oct 16 23:49:39 PDT 2016

Hi,

              I am trying to use  GDALCreatePansharpenedVRT  function
however I am not been able to interpret the argument const char * pszXML

 Which is explained as  "Pansharpened VRT XML where <SpectralBand> elements
have no explicit SourceFilename and SourceBand. The spectral bands in the
XML will be assigned the successive values of the pahInputSpectralBands
array. Must not be NULL."

Can someone please explain me, if this function merely converts the
pansharpened VRT  XML to VRT dataset or does it actually pansharpens the
image using multispectral and panchromatic inputs. If the latter is true
please let me know how to generate such an XML and what it should consist
of.

Waiting for the reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Jidnyasa N