[gdal-dev] Read PDF with OGR

Andreas Oxenstierna ao at t-kartor.se
Wed Oct 19 08:09:03 PDT 2016

Hi list

I want to attach georeferencing to existing vector PDF files that lacks
georef info.

This works without any issues using gdal:
gdal_translate -of PDF -a_srs EPSG:3006 -a_ullr 718500 6359200 726500
6369100  <infile> <outfile> --config GDAL_PDF_DPI 300

but all attempts with ogr fails, even if the PDF driver is listed:
Unable to open datasource `k.pdf' with the following drivers.
   -> PDF

I tested with https://www.nps.gov/hfc/carto/PDF/ANTImap1.pdf with the
same result, i.e. GDAL can read the vector PDF file but not OGR
ogrinfo --format pdf returns all available options etc.

I would like to use ogr2ogr so vector geospatial PDF's can be created.
Is this possible?

Tested only with GDAL 2.1.1 on OSX 10.12

The two sample links in the bottom of http://www.gdal.org/frmt_pdf.html
are broken.

--
Best Regards