[gdal-dev] Raster Band Types

Andrew Bell andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 07:43:51 PDT 2016

Hi,

Each raster band has a function to fetch the type of the raster band
(GetRasterDataType).  This implies that various raster bands in a dataset
can have differing data types.  But as far as I can tell, when creating a
dataset and the associated raster bands, a single data type is specified
for all of the raster bands in the dataset  (GDALDriver::Create).  I don't
see a way to create a dataset with raster bands of varying data types.  Is
this supported?  If not, why not OR, why is the call to find the datatype
on GDALRasterBand rather than GDALDataset?

Thanks,

--
Andrew Bell
andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com