[gdal-dev] Incorrect image bytes from VSIGetMemFileBuffer in GDAL < 2.1.0

Sean Gillies sean at mapbox.com
Tue Sep 27 05:09:30 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I've got code in Rasterio that calls VSIGetMemFileBuffer to get PNG or JPEG
image bytes. With GDAL 1.11, I found that I had to fix the resulting byte
array by moving the last byte to the head of the array. With GDAL 2.1.0 and
2.1.1 this is no longer needed and we can return an unshifted array (see
the changeset below).

https://github.com/mapbox/rio-mbtiles/compare/master...brendan-ward:bad_bytes?expand=1#diff-cfcb7125bae0f25564785b33fa38d6a1L45

I haven't been able to find the change in the change log or tracker. Can
anyone point me to the commit that changed this so I can pin down the
versions when it changed?

Thanks in adavnce,

--
Sean Gillies