[gdal-dev] 2.2.0beta1 regression NULL values

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Apr 21 06:11:20 PDT 2017

> Not a regression as far as I can now see, just a consequence of the
> "backward incompatible changes" that will affect many downstream users of
> many drivers, I guess.

When this was implemented, I didn't foresee a solution that would have kept a clean
API while maintaining backward compatible behaviour, so yes that's the price to pay
for new capabilities.

I'll modify the NEWS to mention in the RFC 67 item that there are backward
incompatible change, and I'll actually fix MIGRATION_GUIDE.TXT since the related
topic is actually misplaced in the MIGRATION GUIDE FROM GDAL 2.0 to GDAL 2.1
section, instead of 2.1 to 2.2