[gdal-dev] gdal2tiles.py of transparent background vrt/png gives black background tiles

John W. Glendening glendening at drjack.net
Mon Apr 24 15:39:55 PDT 2017

PS: just noticed that gdalinfo gives a difference between the TIFs used
for the transparent background vrt differ from those use for the
non-transparent map background vrt in that the former give
 Band 1 Block=5311x1 Type=UInt16, ColorInterp=Red
whereas the latter give
 Band 1 Block=5311x1 Type=Byte, ColorInterp=Red
  Mask Flags: PER_DATASET ALPHA
(and similarly for the Blue,Green,Alpha bands)

I'm sure that means something to someone, but not to me.

John Glendening