[gdal-dev] Kakadu 7.10 (7_A)

Bugbuster philippe.ghesquiere at airbus.com
Mon Aug 21 03:33:45 PDT 2017

Hi Kurt,

We have been using Kakadu thanks to GDAL plugin for quite a while. A few
weeks ago, I tried to upgrade to Kakadu V7.9.1 (from V7.7.7).
Our development environment is :
* Windows 8 64 bits,
* Visual Studio 2015
* GDAL V2.2.1

I bumped into a segmentation fault when converting a TIFF image to JP2K
(gdal_translate). This error happens in JP2KAKDataset::~JP2KAKDataset(), on
line :
delete poInput. It does not occur with Kakadu V7.7.7.

I opened a discussion with Kakadu support
(https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/kakadu_jpeg2000/conversations/topics/7369).
I tried the different hints David Taubman gave me, without success.

Did you get the same error while testing V7.10 version ?

Philippe