[gdal-dev] Alternative to seekgb in g2clib?

Jaewoong Jung jungjw at google.com
Tue Dec 5 10:30:51 PST 2017

Hello,

Could you recommend an alternative way to scan and extract information from
grib2 files without using seekgb, which has been excluded from gdal
<https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/40756/> recently?

I own a piece of code at Google that uses gdal g2clib to parse grib2 files.
It's really simple code that scans all grib messages in a file using seekgb
and extracts the core information my project is interested in.

The recent removal of seekgb broke the code. Though I could simply copy the
logic into my code, I wonder if there's an alternative way to achieve the
goal using a different function in the gdal library.

Cheers,
Jaewoong