[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr from MySQL to FileGDB not working correctly in 2.x

Thanny thannyd at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 18 20:26:26 PST 2017

I hope this is the correct place to post about this.

There are several use cases I have for moving data into MySQL for
processing, then exporting back out to ESRI FileGDB, using the ogr2ogr
utility.

Long story short, if I use a GDAL 1.x install, I'm able to export from MySQL
to FileGDB without issue (at least mostly - the PROMOTE_TO_MULTI geometry
type doesn't work, though it previously did).  If I use a GDAL 2.x install,
the export works only for attribute data.  At the beginning of the export,
this error is printed:

ERROR 6: CreateGeomField() not supported by this layer.

I've reproduced this with both polygon and point layers.

As I said, I've used many different distributions, and all have this
problem.  Here's the FileGDB line from "ogrinfo --formats":

  FileGDB -vector- (rw+): ESRI FileGDB

Any ideas on what I can do to narrow down where the problem is?