[gdal-dev] gdal_translate ERROR 4 - "does not exist in the file system, and is not recognised as a supported dataset name."

MökinMuori tmkantol at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 05:11:16 PST 2017

I am trying to create a gdal_wmts.xml following the instructions from
http://mapserver.org/ar/mapcache/sources.html

Execution of the following command ends up in the error below. What's wrong?
I've tried with single quotation marks instead of double etc. but no use...

gdal_translate "WMTS:https://my_wmts_url_is_here,layer=layer_name"
gdal_wmts.xml -of WMTS --config GDAL_HTTP_AUTH BASIC --config
GDAL_HTTP_USERPWD "<user_name:passwd>"

ERROR 4: `WMTS:https://karttakuva.maanmittauslaitos.fi,layer=selkokartta'
does not exist in the file system,
and is not recognised as a supported dataset name.

GDALOpen failed - 4
`WMTS:https://my_wmts_url_is_here,layer=layer_name' does not exist in the