[gdal-dev] How to install GDAL 2.x on CentOS 7 without being by building from source?

Leonan Carvalho j.leonancarvalho at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 09:51:59 PST 2017

Hi community,

I just posted a question on Geographic Information Systems Stack Exchange
(link bellow)  and got 2 up votes in less than 5 minutes.

I'm using CentOS and it all working fine because a easy installation with
"yum install gdal gdal-python" but this packages are outdated, the provided
version is 1.11 which isn't quite the latest from 1.x major version.
All repositories (that I know) area out-dated. There is no problem to
install from source, even that you need to make it on several servers.

Geographic Information Systems Stack Exchange Question :
http://gis.stackexchange.com/q/227929/63611?sem=2

Do you have any feedback or comment on this?

Please, let me know.
Best Regards.

* José Leonan S. Carvalho*