[gdal-dev] C++11 timeline

Kurt Schwehr schwehr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 16:02:30 PST 2017

That's a possibility, but as longs as we require most of the code base to
work with C++03, merging is going to be miserable.  I'm suggesting we flip
the requirement but make no immediate changes.  GDAL builds cleanly with
C++11 and C++14 right now, so it's just a matter of flipping the
requirement and then deciding what and when we allow things to switch to
new C++11 idiums.  Initially, we can start by getting rid of ifdefs and
doing a quick NULL -> nullptr (which is how gdal builds for me anyway with
NULL defined to be nullptr).

http://schwehr.org