[gdal-dev] Shapefile with one feature and many incrementally-added vertices is huge

Nik Sands nik at nixanz.com
Thu Jan 19 15:45:56 PST 2017

Thanks Guys,

I appreciate the great responses, and particularly implementing an
update for this edge case.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck with GDAL 1.x for now (have yet to figure out
how to get 2.x to build for iOS, but will take another look some
time).

As for alternatives to Shapefiles, my preference is for
SQLite/Spatialite, but I'm having other problems with that at present
(haven't defined the problems well enough to post a query here yet).

I will take a look at GeoPackage.  I'm not familiar with this format.

Cheers,
Nik.