[gdal-dev] Participating on gdal2tiles

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Jan 19 23:59:48 PST 2017

On vendredi 20 janvier 2017 05:45:28 CET Grégory Bataille wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just subscribed to this list. Due to current interest, driven by my
> current job, I'd like to participate on gdal2tiles.
> However I'm not sure how to go about it and how active the development
> still is.
> I, for example, encountered an issue, that after investigation led me there
> https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/6057. It's a ticket with a proposed
> solution and code patch, but that has seen no activity in 18 months.
>
> Would you mind advising on the best way to contribute? Is the
> development/review process, on gdal2tiles still active and is it worth
> investing time on it?

Hi Grégory,

To be honest, I haven't processed gdal2tiles tickets for years as an experiment to see how
much time it would take for an existing or new contributor to step up ;-)
I'd suggest you to submit pull requests on the github mirror so that the Travis-CI tests are run
on your patches. And I'd strongly encourage you to write new tests in ../autotest/pyscripts/
test_gdal2tiles.py for each issue fixed.

Even