[gdal-dev] GDAL 2.1.3 release candiate

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat Jan 21 04:56:55 PST 2017

> Hi Even,
>
> I had made sure of my correct SWIG 1.3.39 environment yesterday before
> reporting.  But, it was like (my gut feeling) the compiler was finding
> previously compiled SWIG-generated files (as I had noticed yesterday
> that the gdal213RC1.zip contained SWIG-generated files inside
> /swig/csharp/ogr/ from a SWIG 2.1.12 - which I don't have).

Ah indeed, I see that mkgdaldist.sh creates SWIG-generated files for csharp, and on the
machine I used to generate the tarball SWIG 2.0.12 was used, which explains things.

> So today, thinking on this issue more, I tried to run an "nmake /f
> makefile.vc clean" from inside /swig (which removes all of the SWIG
> 2.0.12 files that were included in the original archive) and I am able
> to compile the C# bindings with SWIG 1.3.39

That or probably running explictly "nmake /f makefile.vc interface" from swig/csharp

> Even: can you be sure to clean that SWIG directory before packaging?

Actually I'm going to comment out the generation of the SWIG-generated files for the csharp
bindings for now in mkgdaldist.sh for a next time.

I won't issue a new RC just for that though, as the issue was the same for GDAL 2.1.2.

Thanks for your tests.

Even