[gdal-dev] Participating on gdal2tiles

Grégory Bataille gregory.bataille at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 02:21:06 PST 2017

Yes it is. There was a commit on the test_gdal2tiles.py changing the
checksum values for test 1 :)

that's odd, it's pyflakes that is throwing me those warnings... well flake8
actually that is pyflakes + pep8. I'll have a look anyway.
And yes, the style commits need to be separate, no worries.

I did launch the vagrant by commenting this missing script. Now what is the
vagrant box supposed to do? my understanding is that is comes with gdal
installed (from trunk?)
I think the gdal2tiles.py test (and maybe some other python ones) are not
working in the vagrant box because those tests are looking for scripts to
test (gdal2tiles.py for example) in relative from the test file
test_gdal2tiles.py and because the Vagrantfile only maps the autotest
folder from the host to the client VM, the source for those python scripts
is not available in the VM.
Is it on purpose? would you see any issue mapping the source gdal folder
inside the vagrant box next to the autotest folder?

Sorry for the questions, it's always hard to enter into a project.

Last one actually for this mail:
I have an issue on a particular image. To test a fix (and non-regression in
the future) I can either try to do some mocking (but seeing how
gdal2tiles.py is not very modular, that might prove a nightmare) or use
some specific image that I know present the issue. If I want to test based
on an image, is it an ok practice to put the image in the repo (I can see
that there are several already but that doesn't seem like a great idea to
me). Any other common storage place (AWS S3 or whatever) that you would
have available or recommend otherwise?

Thanks

---
Gregory Bataille