[gdal-dev] Building with plugins...

Carl Godkin cgodkin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 08:04:08 PDT 2017

Hi,

I am interested in building GDAL 2.2.0 with some of the available drivers
as plugins.

1. Is the procedure for building GDAL plugins documented anywhere for
Linux?  I see that there are several variables like XXX_PLUGIN listed in
nmake.opt for Windows but I'd like to use plugins on Linux as well and
can't see any relevant arguments for "configure" (except
--enable-pdf-plugin).

2. Is there a list of which drivers can be built as plugins anywhere?  (I
know that the GISInternals build provides about 10 drivers as plugins but
the many commented-out drivers in nmake.opt leads me to believe that there
could be even more than that.

Thanks very much,

carl