[gdal-dev] Adding more stuff to Python bindings

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Mar 1 10:06:42 PST 2017

On mercredi 1 mars 2017 19:56:30 CET Alexander Bruy wrote:
> nly
> in C API. Are there any instructions about how to proceed? As I
> understand, I need to add function declaration to the
> swing/include/Operations.i

Yes, in Operations.i, for things that are typically in gdal_alg.h . For other stuff, other .i might
be more appropriate

> and also add missed
> type definitions somewhere.

Yes, in swig/include/python/typemaps.i

If your method requires new typemaps, and they are not available in other languages and
that you don't know how to add for those languages, you can protect your addition in the .i
with a #ifdef SWIGPYTHON #endif

Even