[gdal-dev] sqlite -> spatialite (rowid)

a.furieri at lqt.it a.furieri at lqt.it
Tue Mar 7 07:42:29 PST 2017

On Tue, 07 Mar 2017 13:41:48 +0100, Even Rouault wrote:
> I think that Spatialite's validateRowid() fuction should be patched
> to check if
> the rowid column is not of type INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, if so that's
> acceptable,
> instead of just checking for rowid.

Hi Even,

very good point.

SQLite already considers ROWID as an alias name for the
Primary Key column, if the PK is based on a single
column of the INTEGER data-type.

so "ROWID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY" is a perfectly acceptable
condition, and don't poses any risk to the Spatial Index.

thanks for your useful hint; I'll patch ASAP the code
so to distinguish this peculiar case.

bye Sandro