[gdal-dev] compiling libLAS which has a GDAL dependency

Stephane Poirier stephane.poirier at oifii.org
Sat Mar 11 13:01:29 PST 2017

Hi All,

I successfully compiled a 32 bit build of libLAS under Windows 7 - 32
bit using Visual Studio 2013.

Now, I am trying to compile a 64 bit build of libLAS under Windows 7 -
64bit using Visual Studio 2013,

every project compile fine except liblas project which gives me an
unresolved external, here's the error I get:

gt_wkt_srs.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
__cdecl CPLMutexHolder::CPLMutexHolder(void * *,double,char const
*,int,int)" (??0CPLMutexHolder@@QEAA at PEAPEAXNPEBDHH@Z) referenced in
function GTIFGetOGISDefn
C:\oifii-org\httpdocs\ns-org\nsd\bs\libLAS-1-8-1_vs2013-x64(spi)\libLAS-1.8.1\bin\Release\liblas.dll
: fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I suspect this is related with the gdal_i.lib

Do you have any clue as to which extra .lib I should include or which
gdal_i.lib I should switch to?

Steph