[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr GML GML_INVERT_AXIS_ORDER_IF_LAT_LONG not working

andye awilliams at rapidmap.com.au
Sun Mar 26 20:02:33 PDT 2017

Input.zip <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5314350/Input.zip>
OutputOGR2OGR.GML
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5314350/OutputOGR2OGR.GML>
OutputQGIS.gml
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5314350/OutputQGIS.gml>
OutputMI.gml
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5314350/OutputMI.gml>

As suggested Jukka here is an example (in the zip file) of a Mapinfo TAB
file. the three GML files show an ogr2ogr conversion, QGIS conversion and
Mapinfo conversion to GML.

Here is the very simple command line I used to create the ogr2oge output.

ogr2ogr -f GML -t_srs "EPSG:4283" "C:\Output.GML" "C:\Input.TAB"

The issue as previously stated is the order of the latitude and longitude.
The Mapinfo(Universal translator built on FME) produces a LAT\LONG order by
default.

The ogr2 and QGIS both produce LONG\LAT.

Given the description on http://www.gdal.org/drv_gml.html

I added GML_INVERT_AXIS_ORDER_IF_LAT_LONG NO

ogr2ogr -f GML --config GML_INVERT_AXIS_ORDER_IF_LAT_LONG NO -t_srs
"EPSG:4283" "C:\Output.GML" "C:\Input.TAB"

The result is unaltered.

I also tried adding GML_CONSIDER_EPSG_AS_URN YES

ogr2ogr -f GML --config GML_INVERT_AXIS_ORDER_IF_LAT_LONG NO --config
GML_CONSIDER_EPSG_AS_URN YES -t_srs "EPSG:4283" "C:\Output.GML"
"C:\Input.TAB"

No effect.

What am I missing?