[gdal-dev] Dropping dlopen/LoadLibrary loading of proj.4 ?

Ivan Lucena lucena_ivan at hotmail.com
Sat May 6 10:53:15 PDT 2017

HI Even,

I understand the good intention of cleaning up code but that should not remove functionality. You are breaking backward compatibility. What if someone updates GDAL in some installation, proj4 is there and it will not going to be used?

I my case, I *cannot* distribute proj4 into my GDAL build and I *need* to have the options to let the user decided if they want to add proj4 shared libraries.

Regards,

Ivan