[gdal-dev] Build PDFium with GDAL

Gane R gane.prog at gmail.com
Tue May 9 06:01:40 PDT 2017

Hi all,
I am trying to build GDAL with PDFium

I saw the link
https://github.com/rouault/pdfium/tree/build

I tried to use the linux script and the pdfium static lib to build. *pdfium
build succeed.*

I have few Questions:

Q1: I see some 3rdpary dependency for PDFium, I don't see those LICENSES
included, does overall including the 3rparty dependency, PDFium library
comes to point like similar to MIT license ?.

Q2. Can we do a cross compile with for PDFium, or any one tried.

Q3. Has any one got an error like this (error message follows in next few
lines) ? or I have gone wrong in build steps.

I started to build GDAL gdal-2.2.0 with pdfium

./configure --with-pdfium=/home/pdfium/install

libtool: link: g++ .libs/gdalinfo_bin.o -o .libs/gdalinfo
/home/works/gdal_fresh/gdal-2.2.0/.libs/libgdal.so -L/home/pdfium/install
-L/home/pdfium/install/lib/pdfium -lpdfium -lfpdfapi -lfpdftext
-lformfiller -lpdfwindow -lfxedit -lfpdfdoc -lfxcodec -lfx_libopenjpeg
-lfx_lcms2 -lfx_libjpeg -lfx_zlib -lfdrm -lfxge -lfreetype -lfx_agg -lfxcrt
-lbigint -lz -lpthread -lrt -ldl
/usr/bin/ld: .libs/gdalinfo: hidden symbol
`_ZN13CFDF_Document12CreateNewDocEv' in
/home/pdfium/install/lib/pdfium/libfpdfapi.a(fpdf_parser_fdf.o) is
referenced by DSO
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
GNUmakefile:82: recipe for target 'gdalinfo' failed
make[1]: *** [gdalinfo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/works/gdal_fresh/gdal-2.2.0/apps'
GNUmakefile:93: recipe for target 'apps-target' failed
make: *** [apps-target] Error 2

Thanks
Gane R