[gdal-dev] Problem with arbitrary MSSQL-select via VRT-source for producing GeoPdf.

Olsen Aron aron.olsen at sweco.dk
Wed May 24 21:42:40 PDT 2017

We are using a .VRT for fetching rows from an MSSQL in order to have a GeoPdf created.

We are able to perform such using a <SrcSQL> like:

select <tablename>.*, 'bla bla bla' as OGR_STYLE from <tablename>

and to have that perfectly handled into a GeoPdf when using a PostGis end-point/source.
We are yet to have it work for an MSSQL end-point as well.

With CPL_DEBUG=ON one can see, that gdal_translate fetches the proper rows from the DB (MSSQL) but nothing gets collected into the resulting PDF-vector layer.
We suspect that the MSSQL-layer in GDAL is not recognizing the one and only geometry-type column in the result-set of the "select star..." statement, but we are uncertain about this.

I have had a look into the CPP code, but I have not been able to spot, where the actual "get-value-of-geometry-column-in-result-set" is actually being performed.

Please help.

Thanks!

Aron Olsen