[gdal-dev] WCS 1.1 in GDAL

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 04:05:09 PDT 2017

Ari Jolma kirjoitti 01.11.2017 klo 11:04:
> It seems to me that WCS 1.1 has been dormant and perhaps nobody has
> really used it ever(?).
>
> I just found the gdalgmlcoverage.cpp file in gcore, which is only used
> by the WCS driver and only in its 1.1 part

Actually, in 1.0, since 1.1 does not seem to use the gml:RectifiedGrid,
however, 2.0 uses it again.

Anyway, the question is, should gdalgmlcoverage.cpp be in the gcore? The
GDAL sources are sometimes confusing. For example there is gmlutils.cpp
- which is used in WCS because of GML_IsSRSLatLongOrder, but that is
ogr/ogrsf_frmts/gml.