[gdal-dev] WCS 1.1 in GDAL

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 09:06:53 PDT 2017

Even Rouault kirjoitti 01.11.2017 klo 13:20:

> On mercredi 1 novembre 2017 13:05:09 CET Ari Jolma wrote:
>
> > Anyway, the question is, should gdalgmlcoverage.cpp be in the gcore?
>
> Feel free to move it to frmts/wcs as it only used by it. You'd
> probably want to remove the declaration of it from gcore/gdal_priv.h
> as well.

Should be done now ok.

> Looking at GDALParseGMLCoverage() code, I see a "GDALJP2Metadata"
> remaining CPLDebug message, but it is no longer used by the GMLJP2
> code which has a specialized version of it now. You may have a look at
> GDALJP2Metadata::ParseGMLCoverageDesc() in gcore/gdaljp2metadata.cpp
> by the way, in particular the logic for axis inversion around lines
> 1055-1089. Note: there are also stuff specific of GMLJP2 issues at the
> end of the function, so I would *not* recommend blindly porting all this.

Thanks for the reminder.

> > The
>
> > GDAL sources are sometimes confusing. For example there is gmlutils.cpp
>
> > - which is used in WCS
>
> In your in-progress work I suppose. Can't see that in trunk.
>
> Could probably make sense to move it in ogr/ then (we have already
> ogr/gml2ogrgeometry.cpp and ogr2gmlgeometry.cpp there)

Yes, I looked around for existing code to check for the axis order swap.

I'm beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel and perhaps could
really start testing with 2.0.1 servers soon.

There's undocumented "WCS_SDS:" method for accessing WCS servers and
putting data from different times into bands. I'll need to study that a
bit and maybe implement same kind of system.

Ari