[gdal-dev] GDAL 2.2.3 planning

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Nov 1 11:26:16 PDT 2017

On 2017-11-01 7:32 AM, Even Rouault wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've add an exchange with Sebastiaan Couwenberg about a schedule that
> would give GDAL 2.2.3 a chance to enter the next Ubuntu LTS 18.04. While
> the date for the import freeze from Debian to Ubuntu is not know yet,
> based on the last release cycle, it seems that a GDAL 2.2.3 released
> this month would have a chance to make it (given other delays in Debian
> transitionning from experimental to unstable)
>
> So I intend cutting a GDAL 2.2.3 release candidate for Nov 20th.
>
> Please raise tickets if there are bug fixes that need to be backported
> and haven't yet been.
>
> Even

Hi Even,

Also, it is rarely ever discussed but I find that releases occurring
near the timing of other projects in the family can be helpful for all
(users, packagers, developers): MapServer release will be around the
week of the 15th also, so a Nov 20th GDAL release would be great.  This
can't always happen, but when it does it is sure nice.  -jeff