[gdal-dev] WCS GetCoverage with AxisOrder swap

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 05:52:15 PST 2017

jratike80 kirjoitti 09.11.2017 klo 15:18:
> Piero Campa wrote
>>> And for WCS subsetting, when you write something like
>>> SUBSET=AXIS_NAME(min,max),
>>> ​ ​
>>> where AXIS_NAME should come from ? From the RectifiedGrid.axisLabels I
>>> guess ?

>> system (!)
>> You choose your (sub)space of interest, and then the server will filter
>> out
>> all the grid points that get included in that space, independently of its,
>> say, geometric profile (indeed in extreme settings, what you get might not
>> be a grid! see below)
> Hi,
>
> When Ari gets totally familiar with this then he will like to continue.
> About the first new thing he wants to do will be to get response from WCS
> with non-native pixel size. The he starts to read the Scaling extension
> https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/12-039 and then he learns that
> scaling is done in the RectifiedGrid domain and RectifiedGrid.axisLabels are
> exactly what he must use. Poor man.

I had this in my code already

if (scaled) {
         // scaling is expressed in grid axes
         std::vector<CPLString> grid_axes =
Split(CPLGetXMLValue(psService, "GridAxes", ""), ",");
         tmp.Printf("&SCALESIZE=%s(%i),%s(%i)", grid_axes[0].c_str(),
nBufXSize, grid_axes[1].c_str(), nBufYSize);
         request += tmp;
     }

However, I have not yet tested it. I.e., GDAL gives me (the driver) a
buffer where to write. I'm reasoning I should use the scalesize. The
GridAxes is saved from the coverage description.

Ari