[gdal-dev] compile gdal using the libpng 1.6.26

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 00:00:38 PST 2017

Hi,
I have a trouble with my qgis-server.

I have a debian stretch version 64bit where the libpng is at 1.6.26 version.

When I compile the gdal from source, it use its internal 1.2.56 version and
all is ok.

After, when I go to compile the qgis. Its cmake finding system found the
system libpng 1.6.26 and the qgis is compile using it.

But after this, when try to use the qgis-server (wms server) and asking the
png images.
It go in error .
The log explain me that the
qgis is compiled using the libpng-1.6.26 but is running using the
lib-1.2.56 version (of gdal).

I'm not able to say to qgis to compile using the libpng of gdal, so I like
to try to say at the gdal to compile not using its internal version, but
instead using the 1.6.26 from system.

I'm not sure this is possible to say using the gdal parameter "--with-png"
and also I'm not sure the 1.6.26 version is compatible with gdal 2.2.2.

Any experience to compile gdal with libpng 1.6.26 ?

Thx,
Andrea Peri

--
Andrea Peri