[gdal-dev] compile gdal using the libpng 1.6.26

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Nov 13 03:23:56 PST 2017

On lundi 13 novembre 2017 09:00:38 CET Andrea Peri wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a trouble with my qgis-server.
>
> I have a debian stretch version 64bit where the libpng is at 1.6.26 version.
>
> When I compile the gdal from source, it use its internal 1.2.56 version and
> all is ok.
>
> After, when I go to compile the qgis. Its cmake finding system found the
> system libpng 1.6.26 and the qgis is compile using it.
>
> But after this, when try to use the qgis-server (wms server) and asking the
> png images.
> It go in error .
> The log explain me that the
> qgis is compiled using the libpng-1.6.26 but is running using the
> lib-1.2.56 version (of gdal).
>
> I'm not able to say to qgis to compile using the libpng of gdal, so I like
> to try to say at the gdal to compile not using its internal version, but
> instead using the 1.6.26 from system.

Andrea,

Yes, you should definitely compile GDAL against system libpng if you plan to use it with other
libs/apps that also link against system libpng. Normally the base ./configure of GDAL should
fetch your system libpng (unless you explicitly specify --with-png=internal). I've just verified it
on Stretch

Even