[gdal-dev] Command line utilities on Windows and Unicode characters

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Nov 15 09:22:46 PST 2017

Hi,

Just to inform you that I've fixed recently in trunk a long standing issue with command line
utilities on Windows with non-ascii characters.

Previously we used the standard main() entry point, which got the arguments in the
current codepage (which was already a limitation in case you wanted to deal with
characters not in the codepage) whereas the rest of GDAL expects UTF-8.

So now we use the wmain() entry point and recode fom UCS-2 to UTF-8

I'm not completely sure of all impacts, hence this warning.

Implemented per https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/7065

Even