[gdal-dev] Multidimensional raster support in GDAL

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Nov 22 05:11:00 PST 2017

On mercredi 22 novembre 2017 14:38:55 CET Ari Jolma wrote:
> Even Rouault kirjoitti 21.11.2017 klo 16:06:
> > gdal_translate (actually GDALDatasetCopyWholeRaster()) uses the
> > INTERLEAVE=PIXEL/BAND metadata item of the IMAGE_STRUCTURE domain as a
> > hint whether to read band by band or all bands together
> >
> > So if you add the following, it should request all bands :
> >
> > poDS->SetMetadataItem("INTERLEAVE", "PIXEL", "IMAGE_STRUCTURE")
>
> I don't see that happening in the case of WCS driver:
>
> PIXEL_INTERLEAVE=TRUE is my option to set the metadata item but it could
> be set with option INTERLEAVE=PIXEL, which GDALDatasetCopyWholeRaster()
> examines.

Probably related to the logic of WCSDataset::TestUseBlockIO() which given your area of
interest size of 2x2 will force bocked IO instead of direct IO

If PIXEL_INTERLEAVE=TRUE  is set, you might want to force the implementation of
WCSRasterBand::IReadBlock() to read all the bands.

Note: the above is with the current trunk logic. Didn't check if you modified this.