[gdal-dev] report proj4 version to which gdal is linked?

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Nov 24 01:37:11 PST 2017

I've looked in ogr/ogrct.cpp, but cannot see that the proj4 version that is
detected internally is exposed for reporting through a function in the API.
It would be convenient if GDAL could report versions of some of its
dependencies. Checks for GDAL built with or without GEOS are now in R sf and
rgdal packages, because some drivers behave differently if GDAL was built
with or without GEOS (but not the GEOS version, which may matter for static
builds), We'd like to report the proj4 version used to build GDAL too, and
would value advice. This will become critical shortly, with the forthcoming
release of proj4 5.0.0, which uses a different API. There is going to be a
lot of muddle, so being able to check will be helpful for many. Should I
file a trac request?

Roger

-----
Roger Bivand
NHH Norwegian School of Economics, Bergen, Norway