[gdal-dev] Build with MinGW in Linux

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Nov 27 09:13:18 PST 2017

On lundi 27 novembre 2017 18:52:26 CET Ari Jolma wrote:
> My PR https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/265 currently fails on MinGW
> cross compilation and on Windows (AppVeyor) while running a test
> involving gdal.Translate (python code). The error is "ValueError:
> Received a NULL pointer." which is from the Swig bindings.
>
> How could I study the issue on my own Linux? I.e., how do I setup a
> MinGW cross-compilation setup, are there instructions somewhere? I could
> do that on a virtual machine but rather not in Windows. I've compiled
> years ago on MinGW but that was in Windows and it seems that
> cross-compilation (like Travis is doing) has improved lately.

For the mingw error, I guess you could reproduce the same with a non-curl enabled build (the
mingw targets do not have curl enabled)

wcs_6() lacks an introductory check:

if gdaltest.wcs_drv is None:
	return 'skip'

The MSVC/Appveyor failures are different and look like a segfault ( the AppVeyor target do
have curl enabled)