[gdal-dev] Question about command line options -append

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Nov 28 15:15:40 PST 2017

On mardi 28 novembre 2017 15:00:11 CET Victor Chernetsky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How do I get value/state of a command line option of ogr2ogr. For instance
> I want to handle options like -append, -update inside of my DataSource
> class? Is there a documentation about it?

Victor,

-append and -update are just ways of operating of ogr2ogr and the drivers are not aware of
them. The consequence are just how ogr2ogr use the driver API.

* -update: open the dataset in update mode

* -append imply -update, and instruct ogr2ogr to reuse exisisting layers instead of erroring
out if they exist.

In both cases, features will get inserted through ICreateFeature()

Even