[gdal-dev] Potential issue with gdaladdo overviews setting alpha channel to nodata value instead of zero

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Oct 6 07:44:54 PDT 2017

On vendredi 6 octobre 2017 13:01:29 CEST Tim Waters wrote:
> Even,
>
> Many thanks! This did fix the issue.
> Agreed, having both nodata and transparency would confuse things, and I see
> that this way also ensures that it works well with cropped maps with pure
> black pixels.

I've changed in trunk the behaviour of gdalwarp as I suggested:
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/7075

The current behaviour is very likely a unintended side-effect of a GDAL 1.11.0 change:
* gdalwarp: copy nodata values from source to dest if -dstnodata is not given ; add option
to not set dest nodata with -dstnodata None (#5087)

Even