[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr : limit memory usage

Matthieu Lefort mlefort at neogeo.fr
Fri Oct 13 01:06:56 PDT 2017

Hi list,
I am using ogr2ogr to load big geojson files (about 1 Go each) into postgresql database.
On my MacBook, (GDAL 1.11.3, released 2015/09/16), although it lasts about 20 minutes for each file, this works fine.
I tried to do the same thing on a VPS (Debian Stretch 9.2, 8 Go RAM) but the process consumes all RAM in 20 seconds before stopping (out of memory).
Install was made with apt-get install gdal-bin. (GDAL 2.1.2, released 2016/10/24)

Is there a way to control memory usage or to avoid at least using more memory than the available one ?

Thanks for your help !

- Matthieu Lefort -