[gdal-dev] Possible bug in Intersects() method in 2.2.1

Roberto Ribeiro robertofig85 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 08:46:02 PDT 2017

I believe there may be a bug in how Intersects() evaluates point against
polygon boundary. I went on lengths about it here
<https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/258416/gdal-intersects-not-working-as-it-should>,
but long story short if you Intersects() a point with a polygon boundary,
it returns False, where it should be returning True. Disjoint() also
returns False. However, Intersection() correctly returns the intersected
geometry (the point itself).

This is in GDAL 2.2.1, 64-bits for Windows. A user in the aforementioned
post mentions it working in their 1.10.1 version.