[gdal-dev] /MD vs /MDd for DEBUG MSVC builds

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Oct 17 00:59:00 PDT 2017

On 17 Oct 2017 12:35 am, "Even Rouault" <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:

On mardi 17 octobre 2017 00:30:54 CEST Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> I'd like to see /Od  in addition to the /Zi and /MD etc. with the
> DEBUG_WITH_RELEASE_CRT
> setting. By this means it's not the same as RelWithDebInfo which uses /O2
> as far as I remember, which was the only setting that I always have to
> change with the cmake builds to make it usable for debugging purposes.

Tamas / Mateusz,

I happily let you tune this as you see fit

I don't want to interfere with Tamas' requirements, but I think simple and
clean from yhr library client point is to dance in Rome like Romans do.
That is stick to canonical build MSVC setup for both  release and debug
configurations.
If Tamas needs something different, OK.

FYI, I build GDAL with SDKs provided exclusively in form of optimised
binaries and I haven't encountered any issues, yet.

Mat